BYD demonstrates strength in depth in emissions free material handling 9 premieres amongst 12 model
BYD is demonstrating the scale of its presence in the important market for zero emission, low maintenance materials handling equipment with its 12 forklift truck display at the CeMAT Show in Hanover, Germany this week.
Of the 12 models on show, 9 are brand new and one – the 5 tonne ECB50C model, the only pure electric truck in its weight range which can compete with gas, diesel or lead-acid powered machines - was nominated for the important IFOY (International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year) Award for 2018.
BYD is no stranger to the prestigious IFOY Award, having won this recognition for its technology in 2016. “Our machines always deliver outstanding performance with their emissions free, zero pollution capability together with the ability to reduce operating costs by 40%”, said Javier Contijoch, Director Industrial Vehicles, BYD Europe.
Aside from the 5-tonne model, other highlights on the BYD stand at CeMAT includes:
• A collaboration with Miretti, a leading specialist in explosion protection, resulting in the world premiere of the first ATEX certified BYD ECB20C forklift truck, especially suited for use in the coatings, chemical, food/flavours and bottled gas industries.
• Using the same platform as the IFOY-winning model in 2016, the new BYD ECB18C is a compact four-wheel 1.8 tonne capacity model.
• The BYD RTR16 is also making its debut – with a 1.6 tonne capacity and a special ergonomically designed ‘comfort cockpit’.
• Two tow tractors are on display – the established T50 model is joined by the new T30 which has a 3 tonne drawbar pull capacity.
• Three models from BYD’s range of pallet trucks complete the show line up with capacities from 1.4 to 2 tonnes, all pedestrian controlled.
The manufacturers of IFOY-nominated devices were for the first time awarded with "Best in Intralogistics" certificates for their participation in the tests and a high degree of innovation.
For the IFOY nominee, the ECB50C electric forklift with efficient energy management system, the combination of Iron-Phosphate battery technology and fast charger, BYD received the highest grades in the innovation check. Specialists from the Fraunhofer institute in Dortmund and the IFOY test jury rated the market relevance and customer benefits as "very good", whilst for novelty & innovation and functionality & implementation the jury gave a rating of ‘balanced‘.
The ECB50C is considered an intralogistic solution at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO). The savings over a five-year 16-hour lease can amount to €38,000, and even more than €75,000 when purchased (with a ten year runtime).