Spare Parts PurchaserDate:2018-5-7 End: 2018-6-30
BYD Europe is hiring a spare parts purchaser with a technical background and experience in the Automotive Industry. The Spare Parts Purchaser will report to the Spare Parts Manager and the After-Sales Manager. The main working location is our spare parts center in Breda.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for procurement of spare parts for equipment and vehicles
• Sourcing of spare parts in coordination with procurement dept.
• Negotiate with suppliers to get the most appropriate prices & conditions
• Determine replacement of parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests or customers' descriptions of malfunctions
• Monitor the contract preparation and order placement according to the purchasing cycle
• Handle and settle any claims for any unaccepted items
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or solid technical knowledge
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in planning, procurement and inventory management of spare parts within the Automotive Industry
• Good knowledge of Excel – familiarity with ERPs and MRPs will be considered an asset
• Fluent in English, oral and written. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Flexible and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, please feel free to contact Kristel Ceusters by e-mail: email@example.com. You can submit your application by sending an English résumé and cover letter.