Programme Manager – UKDate:2018-9-21 End: 2018-10-30
DescriptionBYD UK, located in Iver, is the UK distributor of BYD Company Ltd which is a China-based company and a global leading-edge provider of green energy technologies. BYD UK offers a range of electric vehicles, including all-electric cars, all-electric buses and all-electric forklift trucks. BYD are expanding its UK operations to support a growing portfolio of electric bus projects.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Fully understand our company’s EV products and product development pipelines;
• Programme management – manage the relationship and communication with our UK manufacturing partner
• Provide a weekly programme management update, monitor progress of actions and resolve critical issues
• Ensure that customer and territory requirements and expectations are understood, documented and captured correctly
• Ensure that work programmes are in place to carry out any testing and paperwork processes necessary to satisfy legislation in this territory and to provide assurance that customer expectations will be exceeded
• Coordinate with the R&D department at BYD’s headquarters, the relevant BYD manufacturing plant/s and with our UK manufacturing partner to ensure projects activities are progressed according to an agreed schedule
• Keep track of project costs and manage issues during the build programme;
• Identify any changes in project requirements or timing and ensure appropriate actions are assigned and communicated
• Other related activities and contingent assignments;
• Report to UK Country Manager
• Minimum Bachelor Degree, technical background is preferred
• Proven track record in the transport or automotive industry will be advantageous
• Good command of English is essential, both written and verbal.
• Able to speak, read and write in Chinese for communication with the head office in China
• Excellent time management and organisational skills, ability to work under pressure
• Good team player, able to work in remote teams
• Proactive and able to anticipate demand
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including MS Office
• Able to travel on a regular basis to our production facilities in Scotland and China
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, please feel free to contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit your application by sending a CV and cover letter.