Legal Counsel ( with Dutch language skills)Date:2019-04-04 End: 2019-05-30
Location – Schiedam, the Netherlands
Why Legal department
Legal department in BYD Europe take charge of legal matters in Europe and ensure legal compliance of BYD’s business activity under appropriate laws and maximum legal protection of BYD’s rights, responsibilities, and interests. Meanwhile, we liaise and cooperate with the legal Department in Headquarters located in China. According to our business growth in the EU, we will set a position for each territory, for example, Benelux, UK, France, Italy, Spain, the Nordics, and Hungary.
Now, we are looking for a Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business related to commercial vehicles in Europe. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
As Legal Counsel your Key Responsibility areas will be:
• Benelux: 60%
• Other territories: 40%
As Legal Counsel your daily tasks will be:
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of commercial contracts;
• Cooperating with the business team to bid the procurement procedure;
• Deal with legal disputes, including the coordination with litigation/arbitration procedure, and incorporation with external lawyers;
• Ensure legal compliance of BYD’s business activity under appropriate laws and maximum legal protection of BYD’s rights, responsibilities, and interests;
• Provide clear and practical advice and assistance regarding legal matters to BYD’s senior management concerning any business activities of BYD;
• Summarize potential risks of current business activities and provide training to the business team;
• Liaise and cooperate with colleagues of the Legal Department in Headquarters;
• Other relevant legal matters.
• A Bachelor Degree in Legal Dutch law. A lawyer qualification certificate is considered a strong plus;
• At least 1+ years of professional legal experience (in house, or in private practice);
• Excellent Dutch and English language skills;
• Be familiar with European continental law, and common law principles, especially in labor law, cooperation law, procurement law, and civil law;
• Experienced in the judicial and extrajudicial fields as well as in general contractual and commercial consulting matters;
• Have significant experience in various capacities in the cooperation issue, labor issue, and in fields of automotive, real estate, construction industry, new energy, and data privacy;
• Good commercial/transactional negotiation skills, particularly in cross-cultural, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions is highly desirable;
• A proven track record in managing projects for complex matters and multifunctional, international teams;
• Able to work independently; and also perform in a dynamic work environment;
• Team player.
• Work in a rapidly growing company which embodies sustainable and forward-thinking technology;
• Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, sales commission based on KPI`s, commuting allowance;
• Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Position is open for candidates living in Europe with valid work permits.