Tender SpecialistDate:2019-03-28 End: 2019-04-30
Location – Schiedam, Netherlands
Why Tender Department
BYD Europe BV offers a full line of BYD electric vehicles of which Electric Buses are the most important product. The E-Buses are mainly sold to large parties such as municipalities, airports, and public transport companies through a tender in Europe, including but not limited to Benelux, Germany, Iberia, Nordics.
The Tender team is the key to winning new projects and growing BYD business in Europe. In order to win tenders, it is crucial that we are able to distinguish BYD from the other bidders, whilst complying with the regulations and specific requirements. As Tender Specialist, you will analyze and coordinate the tender documentation flow between several departments to create the best possible offer. In this position, you will have to be able to switch focus quickly, balance several tasks with tight deadlines and communicate in a diplomatic and energetic manner.
To succeed in the Tender evaluation phase, you will
• Translate, analyze and summarize initial government or bus operator tender inquiry;
• Lead, monitor and smoothen communication between Sales managers, R&D Engineers, A/S Engineers, Legal & Finance team colleagues during tender evaluation phase;
• Collect and analyze evaluation forms;
• Share expertise and constructive feedback during the tender SWOT evaluation process.
To succeed in Tender preparation phase, you will
• Handle multiple tasks with various deadlines in several tenders simultaneously by coordinating tender documentation between all parties;
• Propose and push forward innovative solutions to secure a balance between the client`s inquiry and BYD`s offer;
• Together with the R&D team translate the technical information into concrete, easily readable and distinctive offer for the client;
• Together with Sales team formulate the quotation strategy;
• Collect, analyze and summarize tender documentation from all included parties and submit to the client;
• Communicate with the client about possible questions and further price offer negotiations;
• Prepare monthly reports.
We hope you have
• Minimum 3 years working experience in tender and bidding process;
• Preferably education in technical studies; mechanical or electrical engineering education will be considered as an advantage;
• Experience in the automotive industry will be considered as an advantage;
• Able to prioritize and work independently, with efficient time management skills;
• Excellent English language skills; Dutch, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish language skills will be considered as an advantage;
• Able to analyze large amounts of information with an eye on detail;
• Able to multitask between several tenders and in various project stages simultaneously;
• Strategically thinking and ability to act tactical when communicating with stakeholders.
• Work in a rapidly growing company which embodies sustainable and forward-thinking technology;
• Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, commuting allowance;
• Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Please note that Position is open for candidates living in Europe with valid work permits.