Quality and Product ManagerDate:2019-03-28 End: 2019-04-30
Location – Schiedam, Netherlands
The Quality and Product Manager will be part of BYD Electric Forklift Division in Europe. The Quality and Product Manager will be responsible for quality control in the Forklift workshop in the Netherlands and product improvement as well as new product development with the factory. He/ she will communicate daily with the Aftersales department, R&D team, China quality department factory as well as dealers, forklift components suppliers, and customers
As Quality and Product manager your key responsibility areas and tasks will be:
Quality Control on PDI
• Conduct quality control on the PDI work carried out in BYD forklift workshop;
• Conduct training to mechanics who are performing PDI work and improve PDI procedures;
• Generate reports on quality issues discovered during the PDI process;
• Liaise with aftersales managers to analyze quality issues discovered in the field and report to the factory for final product improvements;
• Ensure effective coomunication practises between Europe Quality control and China factory.
New Product Development for the European market
• Provide product and market report on new product development needs;
• Define technical requirements on the new product;
• Factory visits to carry tests on new products and product improvements before mass production;
• Responsible for manuals/literature/training manuals for new products in local languages;
• Take part in strategic decision making for product range expansion within Europe.
• Share technical knowledge and expertise to forklift workshop processes to complete related activities.
• Profound management experience in quality control and product development, forklift background obligatory;
• Technical education, preferably Mechanical or Electrical or Automotive Engineering;
• Excellent English language skills, other European languages will be considered as an advantage;
• Strong leadership skills, experience in managing a multi-cultural team;
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Able to work under pressure with result driven mindset;
• Willing and able to travel on a regular basis.
• Work in a rapidly growing company and industry which represents sustainable technology;
• Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, commuting allowance;
• Team building events;
• A chance to develop new processes and develop the Quality control and product development department in Europe.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Position is open for candidates living in Europe with valid work permits.