Logistics AssistantDate:2019-03-28 End: 2019-04-30
Location – Schiedam, Netherlands
Why Logistics Department
Logistics department takes care of the inbound of all the vehicles and spare parts that are imported from HQ and other factories in Europe; and also the distribution of those products within whole European countries. Logistics department is responsible for finding the best solutions for all logistics problems in the automotive division. Logistics role is key to the success of the fulfillment to customers and orders.
Logistics Assistant is an entry level/ junior position for either a graduate or someone in the first years of his/her career.
Logistics Assistant key responsibility areas will be:
• Document administration for shipments custom clearance, transportation arrangements, contracts, sales invoices, B/L etc.
• Operations within the SAP system, that is used as the whole process control for the movement of the cargo.
• Effective communication with all company departments in Europe, Logistics colleagues from BYD China HQ and external communication with logistics companies and customers.
As a Logistics Assistant you will:
• Daily communication with BYD China HQ to declare shipment status;
• Daily contact with local logistics service partners to follow up on the real-time status of the shipments/transportations;
• Keep track of all the shipments and prepare all necessary documents and payments;
• Deal with the related paperwork for the internal and external purpose;
• Arrange commercial documents (sales invoices etc.) with SAP system;
• Update and maintain database of all the importation/custom/transportation/distribution documents.
We hope you have
• Preferably up to 3 years of related working experience;
• Preferably BSc education in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration or another related area;
• Skilled Microsoft Office user, Experience with SAP will be considered an advantage;
• Excellent English language skills, Dutch or any other European language will be considered as an advantage;
• Stress-resilient with the problem –solving mindset;
• Team player with attention to detail.
• Work in a rapidly growing company and industry which represents sustainable technology;
• Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, commuting allowance;
• Team building events;
• A chance to develop new processes and develop the Logistics department in Europe.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Please note that Position is open for candidates living in Europe with valid work permits.