R&D Engineer (Chassis Designer)Date:2019-01-19 End: 2019-03-31
LLocation: London, United Kingdom
BYD UK is the UK distributor of BYD Company Ltd which is a China-based company and a global leading-edge provider of green energy technologies. BYD UK offers a range of electric vehicles, including all-electric cars, all-electric buses and all-electric forklift trucks. BYD are expanding its UK operations to support a growing portfolio of electric bus projects.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
1. Analysis, assignment and design the bus Chassis structures system;
2. Create 3D models, and 2D drawings for various chassis components and assemblies;
3. Technical communication with suppliers, ensure product performance, appearance and other quality requirements;
4. Being Involved in the entire design process, from conceptual model creation to production level design and detailing;
5. Inspection and assessment of the components and parts;
6. Make solution and modification plan for the problems in the trial production.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or a related discipline.
• Excellent knowledge of BYD bus products.
• Excellent English and Chinese written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills, requiring minimum supervision.
• At least 5 years’ experience of heavy duty vehicle engineering.
• At least 3 years’ experience in training or similar customer-facing roles.
• Computer knowledge and proficiency, including MS Office applications.
Competitive salary based on experience
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. You can submit your application by sending a CV and cover letter (in English).