R&D Engineer (- Electrical Engineer)Date:2018-10-19 End: 2018-11-30
BYD is a leading, high-tech multinational company, based in Shenzhen, China. It operates in four core fields of IT, automotive, new energy, and rail transit and employs over 220,000 people worldwide. As a global pioneer in New Energy Solutions BYD is dedicated to building a zero-emission ecosystem.
BYD Europe BV located in Schiedam, Netherlands is the marketing and sales HQ of BYD Co., Ltd based in Shenzhen, China. BYD Europe BV offers a full line of BYD electric vehicles, including all-electric cars, all-electric buses, and all-electric forklift trucks.
About R&D department
BYD EUROPE R&D team plans the sustainable product and technology roadmap and works on developing advanced fully electric bus products series which fulfill current and future European public transportation market needs. By cooperating with European leading suppliers, R&D department continuously upgrades our design and engineering abilities for excellent product performance and quality.
Your main activities include
• Design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and components of the bus, Vehicle fault analysis, debugging;
• Interpret bids, regulations and product information, and specify electrical solutions for tenders and orders;
• Technical communication with suppliers, ensure product performance, appearance, and other quality requirements;
• Being Involved in the entire design process, from conceptual model creation to production level design and detailing;
• Inspection and assessment of the components and parts;
• Make solution and modification plan for the problems in the trial production.
• Bachelors/HBO Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred;
• Strong knowledge of Automotive electrical industry;
• Proficient in Auto CAD/ UG/ Microsoft Office software;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, a second foreign language is a plus;
• Excellent organization skills and teamwork.
• Work in a rapidly growing company and industry which stands for sustainable technology;
• Performance and experience based competitive remuneration, commuting allowance;
• A chance to develop new processes and grow the R&D team in Europe;
• Team building events and employee learning opportunities.
BYD Europe consists of various departments that support on-going and profitable business growth. Potential development opportunities within the R&D department may be Senior R&D Engineer, R&D Project Manager as well as horizontal growth within different projects and product teams.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in the English language to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, please feel free to contact by e-mail email@example.com